[CBQ] Havelock Baggage Car lettering & Q lettering diagrams

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Havelock Baggage Car lettering & Q lettering diagrams
From: Bob Webber <cz17@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:12:07 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1281463939; bh=BENNkOHqm7ZQoZYkY4yrdzI9JnDJuNOp5pIZI4KR6Hg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=jHQYOOT+IwT2FnZOxo3HoPXyltz1Wt3ujweIa8pz8gabbmeG6o8qwYmjF5goWMM3i+pP5qc8oc4EDtCy6TSj0ORB9hI8B6L4fsxdb4BrIAP4JZ4nSdU4dcPN6UECf5c3
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Adding to Charlie's request - I'll be more than happy to digitalize
such drawings (even if they DO get to 20').  Anything up to 3' x 30
or more feet is fine.   This applies to these drawings as well as any
other that the BRHS, IRM, and manuf. reps can access for the good of
modelers and restoration.

Along with that, I'll add more.  The Pullman Library at the Illinois
Railway Museum recently purchased a Havelock Baggage car (993).  This
car will be used to house a wide variety of documentation and drawing
(much of the documentation will be test results from Budd, freight
car correspondence files, and other such).  The car is in the process
of being fully restored to its Burlington appearance.  It is
possible, that this car will be in the shadow lined scheme.   A lot
depends on available information, and, of course, funds.   Help is
needed to bring this car back - it has corrosion issues, and some
structural issues.
The 993 photo Album:
http://www.irm.org/gallery/album205

As long as we are talking baggage cars here....there is an ongoing
fund raising effort for the purchase and maintenance of the
OLYMPUS.  The hope there is that it might become a common headend car
on the train of the Goddesses at IRM.  I think most of us on this
list have seen the OLYMPUS in photos and consists.  It had a lot of
assignments and was heavily used.   There is a fund raising effort to
bring it "home".   This is a unique opportunity to bring a Zephyr car home.

Here is OLMPUS's photo album :
http://www.irm.org/gallery/album237

I'll be honest - attempting to find ANYTHING in IRM's Byzantine web
site requires far more skill than I have.   I know there are
locations to donate for both cars, but haven't found it - perhaps
Phil can help?

Gee... you think that might be the reason for things not being funded?

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com