[CBQ] Re: Coal Chute and Water Tower Colors

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Coal Chute and Water Tower Colors
From: "bigbearoak" <jonathanharris@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 20:01:40 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1224532905; bh=Lf13Gf49TbGm7kJX/bS2Hi342iEQiEgLS7wuxQ64v70=; h=Received:Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=OJLXBSPzq2GN8zizKDBZbEnQ8v2Yxms+oeakZI0Ll+4IiGcRAFLE+PYo1YhSjtqa0u99VvxoLBk59XKJpf2LQoCK1HhNbcBKYvZZsLBkC6Sqo8OlxPNkRIu/iaayIbrR
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
A couple more examples: In Al Holck's Burlington Route Color
Pictorial, Volume 1, page 15, there's a picture of the Willard, CO
wooden water tank in 1956. It appears to be solid red (also in Jones &
Collman's book on Sterling, CO, p. 240).

A somewhat different story with the Fort Worth tank as shown in Steve
Goen's Fort Worth & Denver Color Pictorial, page 27. The FW tank
itself is wood and painted red (very dirty and weathered). The base is
metal and appears to be another, darker color. It's a little hard to
tell the precise color of its very grimy dirty weathered surface in
old color photos shot under less-than-perfect conditions. It could be
black, but it could be the same dark green trim color you see on the
red roundhouse immediately behind it. In any case, there appears to be
precedent for 2-tone as well as solid-color water tanks on the Q.

-Jonathan