[CBQ] Re: Coal Chute and Water Tower Colors

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Coal Chute and Water Tower Colors
From: "bigbearoak" <jonathanharris@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 21:59:44 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thank you, Bill. That is clarifying. I see there's a picture of the
Eola wooden coaling tower on p. 41 of Mike Spoor's CB&Q in Color, V.
1; the tower is pretty weathered, but it appears to be/have been red
oxide (and in fact I've seen other slides showing unmistakably red
oxide coaling facilities). There's also a picture of the (red) wooden
water tank at Bevier, MO on p. 104 of the same volume. It was serving
the B&S Ry, at that point, but wasn't it originally a Q tank? Can't be
sure it'd have kept its original colors, but I don't see why it
wouldn't have. And I suspect your general rule about 'public' versus
company buildings is right on.

Thanks again!
Jonathan