Re: [CBQ] Them flashy Havelock "sloped end cupola" waycars....

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Them flashy Havelock "sloped end cupola" waycars....
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:48:57 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I'd start with a Atlas extended vision caboose or regular International cupola
caboose.  it will give you the underfame and end railings in case you
don't want to try to scratchbuild exact ones.   You might even be able to use
the body as a starting point.  I'd scratchbuild the cupola out of styrene; not
much
advantage in trying to use the stock cupola.
I'd pick up one of the Bachmann HO cars (or the Maisto TT one... they are sold
as cast metal toys in the big box stores).
There is one funky approach you could try.... there is a product called Reducit
   http://www.pinkhouse.com/Reducit.html   thathat could be used to shrink the
Maisto (strip the gross thick paint off the metal body first) or the Bachmann
body down to N Scale.
Charlie Vlk