[CBQ] RE: Minerville auction

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] RE: Minerville auction
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:52:14 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
In addition to the nice report from Archie Hayden, I got this from a non-BRHS
mbr which affirms and expands on what Arch reported:

motorcar $82,500 I think. going to VA.caboose $12,000+. I think staying
locally.steam engine did not sell at $22,500.some rusty junk tall globe
lanterns for $800some rusty mismatched lanterns for $3-400pair of engine class
lights $1,200 cut up one of the last operating steam cranes for
scrap............ (this was a real shame - irreplaceable) Gerald

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.comFrom: sellarsmark_aus@yahoo.comDate: Tue, 24 Jun 2008
01:32:57 -0700Subject: [CBQ] C&S Crewing rights over the Joint Line.

Greetings All, Pardon me if I have asked this question before. The Joint Line
ran between South Denver and Pueblo, Colorado.In 1899, with subsequent renewals
in 1900, 1915 etc, the Colorado & Southern and the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe
signed a Joint Operating Agreement which amongst other thing allowed the C&S to
use AT&SF [and later, after October 1918, D&RG(W)] trackage between South
Denver and Pueblo.  Initially C&S trains were crewed by C&S engine men
(probably) and C&S way cars were crewed by C&S men.Sometime in the 1950s(??)
the C&S men lost their crewing rights to AT&SF men.Can anyone shed light on
what happened to cause this and why? As a matter of interest, AT&SF C&S way
cars were assigned to trains according to their place on the roster. That is
way cars form one company frequently brought up the rear of the other's trains;
for good measure occasionally way cars from each company were assigned.
Regards, Mark SellarsAdelaide, South Australia. [Non-text portions of this
message have been removed]