Re: [CBQ] Slightly OT?: Cool looking trains with historical significanc

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Slightly OT?: Cool looking trains with historical significance
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 06:07:59 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Would an E5 do instead of an E6?

uberboardgamer <AutoDeleteSpam@mchsi.com> wrote:          OK. Phase 2. I am
planning to have a custom set of high-end (clay)
poker chips produced with a different locomotive on each different
chip denomination. And I need your help. I'd like to ask you to send
me drawings (or pictures) of the locomotives listed below. Obviously
I would ask you to only send drawings (or pictures) that are public
domain or under a Commons license or for which you personally own the
copyright and are willing to authorize me to use it.
I am most interested in side views of the steam locomotives (rather
than the ubiquitous 3/4 views), but will be grateful for whatever I
get. The Streamliners and Diesels (and Electrics) probably look
better with 7/8 or 3/4 views.
I am especially interested in drawings (rather than photographs) of
colorful versions of the models listed below (which could include
replica/rebuilds of some of the more historical trains). If you can
send an .eps (or other vector) file, that would be great. Otherwise a
..tif would be a second choice. And a .jpg would be a third choice.
If drawings are not available, photos are also welcomed.
For any picture that you send to me that ends up being used to create
a chip, I will send you a free chip (with that picture) as a token
gesture of thanks.

Please send files to me at LocomotivePictures [(at)] mchsi [(dot)] com.
And thank you for your help.

Train - Whyte Notation - Date - Denom -
Color - View
Puffing Billy - - 1813 - 0.25 -
Light Green - Side
Locomotion No. 1 - 0-4-0 - 1825 - 0.50 -
(Not Sure?) - Side
Stephenson's Rocket - 0-2-2 - 1829 - 1 -
White - Side
Crampton - 4-2-0 - 1852 - 2 -
Pink (or maybe DG Pink) - Side
American (The General) - 4-4-0 - 1855 - 5 - Red
(or maybe Mandarin Red?) - Side
Class 01 Pacific - 4-6-2 - 1925 - 10 -
Blue - Side
A4 Pacific (Mallard) - 4-6-2 - 1938 - 20 -
Yellow - Side or 7/8
Class GS Northern - 4-8-4 - 1938 - 25 -
Light Green - Side
Class 52 Kriegslokomotive - 2-10-0 - 1942 - 50 -
maybe Imperial Blue? - Side
BigBoy - 4-8-8-4 - 1941 - 100 -
Black - Side
EMD E3, E4, or E6 - - 1940 - 500 -
Purple - 7/8 or 3/4
GE Dash 8-40 - - 1987 - 1,000 -
Orange - 7/8 or 3/4
Shinkansen - - 1964 - 5,000 -
Grey - Side?
TGV - - 1978 - 25,000 -
Chocolate - Side?

Class E-4 - 4-6-4 - 1938 - NCV - DG
Yellow - 7/8 or 3/4

Shinkansen - - 1964 - 5000 plaque -
Grey - Side
GG1 - - 1943 - 10000 plaque -
Light Blue - Side or 7/8
TGV - - 1978 - 25000 plaque -
Chocolate - Side

If I do not get drawings/pictures of the above I will use
pictures/drawings of the models listed below instead. So, feel free
to send me drawings/pictures of these also.

Alternatives - Whyte Notation - Date
Planet - 2-2-0 - 1830
John Bull - 0-4-0 - 1831
Adler - 2-2-2 - 1835
Norris - 4-2-0 - 1837
Beuth - 2-2-2 - 1843
Iron Duke - 4-2-2 - 1847
Consolidation - 2-8-0 - 1866
Stirling - 4-2-2 - 1870
Shay - - 1880
Atlantic - 4-4-2 - 1895
Class 170 - 2-8-0 - 1897
Class Ab Pacific - 4-6-2 - 1915
S-Class Pacific - 4-6-2 - 1928
Class KF1 Northern - 4-8-4 - 1934
Zephyr - - 1934
Class A Super Atlantic - 4-4-2 - 1935
Challenger - 4-6-6-4 - 1936
EMD FT, F3, F7, or F9 - - 1940
Class J Northern - 4-8-4 - 1941
Class C-38 - 4-6-2 - 1943
Class 25 Northern - 4-8-4 - 1953
Class 10 Pacific - 4-6-2 - 1956
Class 55 Deltic - - 1961
EMD FP45 - - 1968
EMD DDA40X - - 1969
CF7 - - 1970
Class 43 HST - - 1976
ETR 401 - - 1976
ETR 401 - - 1976
Class 26 Pacific (Red Devil) - 4-8-4 - 1981
EuroStar - - 1993
MLX01 - - 2001

Thank you again for any help that you can provide.