[CBQ] OLD CB&Q Emp TT's

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] OLD CB&Q Emp TT's
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:29:00 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
There are a dozen or more old 'horse blanket' Burlington Emp timetables dating
back to 1901 on eBay right now & it appears most will go for a good price.
However I have several I will SWAP for any LaCrosse Div ETT I need or older
CB&Q menus or brochures of approx. value.  (& I am generous with swaps!)
I have:

1907  Wymore Div of Nebraka District #106  (light yellow, all the others are
off-white)

1911  Mc Cook Div of Nebraska District @128

1922  Ottumwa Div of Iowa District #22

1926        "                     "           #31

1931        "                     "           #43

1939  Hannibal Div of Central District #75

ALSO:  Public TT's July 1913; Jan 1920 (white USRA), May 30, 1920; July 11,
1920; Apr 1921 & Jun-Jly 1921

to swap for Mar/Apr 1922 or May 1921.

Thanks!  Gerald

Gerald A. & Virginia J.  Edgar 230 W. 5th St. Garner, IA 50438-1404 (641)
923-2573  evenings & w/e's

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.comFrom: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.comDate: Sat, 21 Jun 2008
13:04:37 -0400Subject: Re: [CBQ] If only Burlington had purchased F/FP45's?

I think the lesson(s) Charlie was referring to re the Naperville RE collision
was the danger of "sandwiching" lightweight cars ie SILVER INN between
heavyweights. There were no crossings involved or SUV's Pete-----Original
Message-----From: Frankensteam &lt;earlraysa@yahoo.com&gt;To:
CBQ@yahoogroups.comSent: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 9:17 amSubject: Re: [CBQ] If only
Burlington had purchased F/FP45's?I like the red-n-grey scheme, myself ?a very
hard to find model, by the way. Unfortunately, I?m just a modeler, not a real
railroader ?so I was never there and only have old photos and the word of those
who were to go by.   Athearn, also painted their "freight" F units silver (even
though they never were?think graybacks and harbor mist)(this issue has been
addressed in this forum fairly recently) with a big red stripe down the side
completely in error, un-like the way cars which actually were silver with said
big red stripe and the decal companies went alone with it. I?ve got some of the
most beautiful motive power you?ve ever seen to prove it. Trains that never
was?from before I knew better.   About the recent flooding.   Great flood
reporting from the effected areas. They?re pretty interesting to read. YAHOO!,
has published a number of photos showing the power of the mighty Mississippi
(Samuel Clemens said it would never be tamed by man and he was right) Does this
group allow attachments? I wouldn?t mind getting? some, here if they were CBQ
related.   The odd cornfield meet.   As far as the Naperville disaster, wasn?t
that caused by excessive speed and ignoring signals, not SUV?S? (I know they
didn?t have ?em then) Anyway, you wouldn?t believe some of the wrecks we get
here. (Texas has the most graded crossings in the nation) There?s nothin? like
a garbage truck stuck on a graded crossing to ruin your day?at 50 miles an