Re: [CBQ] Advice on Sites to see

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Advice on Sites to see
From: Kenneth Martin <kmartin537@surewest.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:26:06 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
   Paul,

When you head west from Lincoln if you  follow Highway 34 to Ft. Morgan,
CO you are following the Burlington main line to Denver as well as nice
scenery there are things to see along the way. I would advise watching
the gas as gas stations get farther apart.

Here are some things to look for.

In Lincoln at the old Q depot is a K-4 4-6-0 on display. West of town
are the yards you can see with some trouble, there is a road along the
south side that gives a better view.

In Hastings you can see the depot and the yard. There is also the Adams
County Historical Museum with some RR china on display. Also in the
museum is the Historical Society with a photo collection.

In Minden is the Harold Warp Pioneer Museum with a CB&Q K-10 4-6-0 and a
small depot there, as well as many other things of interest to
everyone.    WARNING! you could spend all day there and not see it all.

Holdredge has a depot, an extended vision waycar and a few sidings.

Mc Cook has a yard which can be seen better from the south side.

Wray, CO doesn't have much but there is a siding west of town that might
have something parked there.

There are small historical societies/ museums that I have not been able
to get into some of them

In Denver is the Colorado RR Museum and then (watch your billfold)
Caboose Hobbies.

Enjoy your trip.
Ken Martin
Sacramento, CA