Re: [CBQ] Advice on Sites to see

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Advice on Sites to see
From: richtownsend@netscape.net
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:56:35 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
If you're feeling literary, try to read Willa Cather's "The Song of the Lark."?
It's set in the area you will be traversing and has a number of railroad
references in it, including a trip to Denver from out on the plains.? It
presents a great sense of life in the area in the 1890's.??Ms. Cather is an
important American writer and her book raises some interesting issues that
resonate today.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon