Re: [CBQ] Re:O5

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re:O5
From: "Rob Manley" <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:02:57 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
  I don't think many of us are aware of Sunset HO's NEW O-5, O-5 a&b offering.
Actually I've been watching it for at least a year. It is a new high tech
version with composite construction, sound and paint. It should be the HO
equivalent of thier 3-rail version that has been out for a while. I saw one of
the O Scale models at the last Lyons Township show and it is awe inspiring.
Almost makes one want to jump scales at least until Bev hits me over the head.
Here is the link. http://www.3rdrail.com/ho_scale.htm  it is the O photo shown
but I have contacted them and it is coming. I don't know how soon but it is
further down the list than the Electroliner which is being advertised at
Chicagoland Hobbies in RMC. I would contact your local Sunset dealer and
reserve one or two. From the photos shown the O5 is not the earliest class
engine, it has a shield on the pilot similar to the later versions with the
sheet metal pilot. I already have an Oriental 5600 and like most of us would go
for the all weather cab. It wouldn't be 5632 so I can run it anywhere.
  Here is the skinny from the ad.
  a.. "Sunset Sound Included , 30" Radius Track Operation, Fully Detailed
Backhead, All Brass Construction, Sprung Drivers, QSI Quantum Sound,
Directional Lighting, Fully Detailed In Brass, Glazed Windows, Prototypical
Painting and Lettering, Quality Japanese Motors"

I can only hope it is as nice as my Sunset S4 and that I can manage to find
$700 (list price) laying around. That is a lot less expennsive than another
Oriental or Toby model. Figure a Dcc Sound chip is $100 and installation is
worth some time and money even if you do it, so 5 to $600 for a painted brass
O5 is a bargain. Except that the ecconomy is so lousy.

Your Best CB&Q modeling buddy,

Rob Manley

  a..

  b.. From: bigbearoak