Re: [CBQ] New to Modeling

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] New to Modeling
From: "Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:10:01 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Carl, welcome to the group.  I trust you'll receive the same kind of help that
I have over the years.  I don't know that part of the route particularly well
but can suggest that if LaCrosse is an area that interests you, Kalmbach
publishing has a book about modelling that area.  The layout it depicts is set
in the Burlington Northern era, but could provide some helpful information.
As far as books about the CB&Q generally, Richard Overton wrote the definitive
corporate history.  Any of the CB&Q in colour books as well as the CB&Q colour
guide to freight and passenger equipment are very helpful. If I remember
correctly, CB&Q in colour volume 4 may even deal with the Rockford area.  If no
one else confirms this, I can check later.
Hope this helps.
Duncan Cameron