Re: [CBQ] Re: Interlocking tower locations

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Interlocking tower locations
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:58:07 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Earlville tower was at the CNW crossing and was installed 10/13/1897 was a
National S&S 20 lever frame with 19 wiorking levers
  Rebuilt 7/15/1908 with 32 working levers in a 36 lever frame
  Rebuilt 1917 with a Federal type 4 with 30 working levers in a 40 lever frame
  1925(Railway Signaling Dec. 1925 P 461) added 12 electric levers for the
crossing 4000 ft east of the CNW crossing
  The Depot at Earlville sat in the middle of a trangle with the CNW the left
side.  The Baker Main and the line from(Sheridan Jct, Burgess Jct.; Later
Catharine((Renamed by Pres. Quinn acct a bank VP from Chicago proposed to his
girl there on an excursion)) crossed in a southeast to northwest line heading
for Paw Paw and the Rockfalls line took off off this line. And the Mainline
Aurora to Galesburg the bottom of the triangle.  Before 1925 all trains had to
stop for the crossing
  ABS put in Between Montgomery and Mendota in 1917
  SJH

thompsonpe@aol.com wrote:
          Hi folks,

I am involved in compiling a list of interlocking's on the full CB&Q system
over the years. Recently I came across names I have not come across before. I
have very little paper (ETT's etc.) so I am not able to check myself.

The names are Virden, Girard, and Earlville. I would also appreciate any
information on a second tower at East Winona. The CB&Q due to the complex
system
they had and it's routes, had far more interlocking's over the years than
other Hill companies and also due to it's prudence produced less paper than
most Class 1's. This makes research on the systems interlocking's all the more
fun (I think).

Thank's in advance,

Peter E Thompson.