Re: [CBQ] Waycars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Waycars
From: "Rupert & Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:39:02 +1200
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
For non-nitpickers, truck 85 - the Allied Full-Cushion truck - was applied
to 14151 (NE-1) and 14415 (NE-6) in 1961.

Since my question last week on steel underframes being added to wood framed
cars, I've been studying these cars in the diagram books, etc. and found
several contradictions relating to class allocation, plan number, etc. I
think I have ended up with the correct interpretation - suffice to say that
none of the diagram books was 100% correct. If anyone is a waycar purist,
contact me off line and I'll go into more detail.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ