Re: [CBQ] California Zephyr/Nebraska Zephyr/Pool 1949 Budd Baggage Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] California Zephyr/Nebraska Zephyr/Pool 1949 Budd Baggage Cars
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 01:29:22 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
In the Randall book "From Zephyr to Amtrak" which I mentioned had the
baggage cars listed as Silver Argo and Silver Olympus. I have heard from
another
person that Silver Post and Silver Page were supposed to carry the names Aurora

and Aeolus.... however I've never seen that in print anywhere.

Also the 1936 Twin Zephyr equipment carried a steam boiler in the  power
cars. I believe that equipment remained when both sets were  refurbished for
Nebraska Zephyr service. Business car Burlington and  Round Up I never
considered
to be a part of the passenger fleet. Does  anyone know if the Round Up is still
around, I know it was sold to the CN if  memory serves. I do know one thing
though Round Up must have ridden like  a Caddy... since it was a heavy weight
covered in  stainless steel. I remember seeing that car on the Q it looked like
a  battleship! It's a shame the Aurora Shops weren't still around, the ex
Empire  Builder full dome that the BNSF covered in fluted stainless would have
looked so much better. Does anyone know it they removed the original stainless
steel and replaced it? Or did they just cover the exterior with  fluted
stainless. It looks like something out of a child's erector set.