Re: [CBQ] Branchline Heavyweight Single Window Coach

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Branchline Heavyweight Single Window Coach
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 00:21:29 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rob,

I was thinking about the Athearn trucks... well granted they are not  correct
but here's my thought on that situation. Which is more important? A good
performing model with the trucks "almost" correct or the model sitting there
with the correct trucks and can't move? My pick is the close one! I'd rather
have a model running like a champ rather than being able just to sit there.

During the last operating session of Dave Lotz's layout in St Louis, for
those of you that have never ran on or have seen Dave's layout it was a sight
behold. I had my 16 car 1956 DZ pulling out westbound from Burlington IA, one
 guy from the NMRA told me those old Hallmark E5's would never pull that
train up  West Burlington Hill, I just smiled and said sure they will! What I
didn't tell  him was those old Hallmarks now have PK 2000 E6 drives. With a
little
bit of  work on the bench the bodies don't look too bad, I added roof and
nose grabs.  Also windshield wipers and a few other detail parts. Along with
the
cab interior  from the PK 2000 E6s.

Currently the pair of Challenger E 5's are now on the work bench getting  new
drives. I had one go up in smoke after pulling a 3 car dinkie on the club's
portable layout for about 30 minutes.....

Loren Johnson