Re: [CBQ] Branchline Heavyweight Single Window Coach

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Branchline Heavyweight Single Window Coach
From: "Dale Reeves" <drale99@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:18:58 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I built several of the NKP cars.  Unfortunately, I'm not a good model
builder (especially lacking in patience) and live too far away to get to the
Q meets to get Tom's help.  I struggled through and got the cars together,
but they aren't what they should be.  I've had a lot of trouble with the
trucks.  Spent many brutal hours getting the cars to stay on the track.  In
my ineptness, I had some difficulty with his diagrams and instructions.  All
in all, my experience with NKP cars was a great frustration..  I'm still
struggling to get a 5-car train over my 30" curves and 2+% grades. Need
helpers with either Challenger S-4 or OL O-5 (each with weights added).
E-5s handle the train ok, but I certainly like to run the weavyweight
equipment with steam.  I'm willing to spend some more time on this.  As a
boy, I road the Exposition Flyer from Hastings NE to California.  Consider
it one of the great experiences of my life.  I really want to have a small
version of the Flyer on my RR.
I would appreciate any advice available.  I need to know more about what
trucks to use.  I have tried to use the the furnished kits, but I've mostly
given up on those and tried others, which haven't helped much.  Dale
Reeves---- Original Message -----