Re: [CBQ] Re: yards at galva il

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: yards at galva il
From: fred starr <frdstarr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 19:38:37 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
hi
  i don't think so .
  fred

richard haave <therrboomer@yahoo.com> wrote:
          To answer Noel's questions:

The Rock Island entered the foundry from the east side. When I worked the job
there was but one track off the Rock main into east side, which went between
two of the foundry's buildings. The Q switched the west side of the foundry. I
do not remember what the Rock delivered there. Occasionaly we would have a
foundry car that we had to hand to the Q as it was to be spotted on their side
and vise versa.

When we delived coal to the Q (I hate to write BN) we would pull thru town
toward Bishop Hill over until over US34. When train crew had route lined we
would shove around track that is shown on maps as running past north side of
turntable (which was long gone). This lead to a track that went on north side
of Q depot (house track maybe) and curved slightly toward main line, then
shoved past a crossover and over a crossing where we left cars. Sometime during
the next 24 hrs a westward Q train would pick them up and forward to Burlington.

Our conductors name was Bill Starr, any relation to Fred Starr of this group?

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM