[CBQ] Re: blackhawk question 26603

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: blackhawk question 26603
From: "Hubert Hanrahan" <domelinerdude@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 03:36:16 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dennis;

I received this response from Tom S. regarding the Blackhawk
Mainstreeter, Western Star" Consist.  He replied:

"In GENERAL terms cars lined up as follows :
Head end - 1 NP baggage/express, 2 GN -baggage/express, Q
baggage/express and
full RPO ( Havelock baggage cars, troop express cars, HW baggage
cars - it
varied - RPO was 6-window version in aluminum paint).

Following HE - SSS modernized coach, possibly a Budd coach (pre war
version),
and/or a HW 6100 series coach , 2 Budd sleepers (10/6 and 6/4/6), HW
170 series
diner(in aluminum paint), following--NP coach and sleeper (duplex) --
 GN coach
and 2 sleepers (16/4 duplex and 8/6/4 duplex).
Foreign road HE showed up on occasion (NYC for one) and tour
sleepers could be
anything in summer - whatever Pullman had in the pool.
Three motors - at least ( E5s,E7s, E8s, and E9s) This train ran at
near Zephyr
speed between stations. Significant time was spent working mail and
express in
several sations.
That is my general recollection. There were many variations
depending on
traffic and equipment available. Sometimes the NP and GN head end
cars were HW.
I'm sure there were many a day when 2 sections were required. In
that case more
NP and GN coaches and sleepers were utilized along with the GN
Obs/Lge. This a
great Q train to model because it was always fluid in consist - and
colorful.

Tom"

Loren also had some valuable modeling information regarding
his "Blackhawk" consist in HO.

Thank you Tom and Loren.

Hubert Hanrahan

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "rattlejag" <dennis.windmill@...> wrote:

> Has anyone been able to reply to domelinerdude re the above as i
have
> the same query? Info on that is difficult to come by in the UK.
> Similarly a previous question on loco/horn type did not appear to
have
> had a reply,and as i am trying to protofreelance(?) a Burlington
route
> layout any such info or pointers on where to find it would be
extremely
> helpful.
> Thanks guys,
> dennis

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM