Re: [CBQ] Re: Chicago Railroad Fair

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Chicago Railroad Fair
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 18:44:29 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
For those who might be unaware, C&S No. 9 has been restored to operating
condition and is now part of the Georgetown Loop Railroad in Silver Plume, CO.
 After the previous contract for the Loop was terminated two years ago, the
Colorado Historical Society acquired a narrow-gauge steamer which originally
worked in Hawaii.   C&S No. 9 had been on the Georgetown property for some
time, and restoration was done in Strasburg, CO.   DB&W No. 30 (later C&S and
RGS No. 74) had been displayed in Boulder, CO, since the 1950s, but CHS
acquired it for restoration in Strasburg.   No. 74's tender is larger and in
better shape than No. 9's, so it is coupled behind No. 9 for now.   CHS now has
one of the engines that actually operated over the Loop in steam there.
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

From: clipperw@EarthLink.net