Re: [CBQ] Waycar colors

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Waycar colors
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 00:04:46 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Railway Mechanical Engineer  Jan. 1945 "Burlington Uses Radio to Direct
Switching"  three engines and three yardoffices.  Fourteenth St., Western Ave,
and Morton Park.  first started testing June of 1944  First trains tests
Chicago and Denver and Chicago to Kansas City July 1-Sept 30, 1944
Railway Mechanical Engineer  Mar. 1949 "Space Radio on Freight Trains"  Shows
an orange 13549 with the wagon wheel Bendix MS-144A antenna  mounted 10 inch
above the cupola  31 diesel loco and 8 way cars equipped.  Locos used in pool
service Chicago to Denver and Chicago to Kansas City.  Waycars only used on
McCook to Denver territory.  Waycar has large battery box on left side of car
with the rear window blanked out
SJH