Re: [CBQ] CZ F3's

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CZ F3's
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:28:32 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The passenger F3s were delivered in Black and had been repainted into
freight colors before the Red stripes were instituted, at leasst as far as I
know.
None of the F3s ever got stainless steel side panels.
There is some advertising art that shows them with "California Zephyr" on
the sides instead of "Burlington"....whether there actually was
consideration to do this or it was just a fignment of an artist's
imagination is not known at this time.  We can easily imagine what the WP
F3s would have looked like and adding
some lettering to the "CZ" D&RGW PAs could only have helped (especially on
the PB units!!)
Charlie Vlk