Re: [CBQ] turning passenger cars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] turning passenger cars
From: "Philip Weibler" <pawnbaw@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:28:18 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello, Duncan - Passengers could enter a dining car from either end.  There was
a finished corridor alongside the galley/kitchen area.  Diners were often
entrained between the sleepers and the coaches (so that - gasp! - coach
passengers would not go trooping thru the first class accomodations.)  So there
was no need to turn a dining car.  And, as we found out with the Twin Zephyrs
in the late '60s, there was no need to turn obs cars either - let the
passengers enjoy a close-up view of a baggage car.  QuincyPAW