[CBQ] turning passenger cars

To: "BRHSlist" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] turning passenger cars
From: "Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 08:11:07 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi everyone.  Operational question.  In the last few years of the Zephyr
Rocket, there was a diner-lounge on the rear of the train between St. Louis and
Burlington (later cut back to West Quincy).  I'm guessing (although I don't
really know the interior layout of these cars) that it would need to be turned
at either end so that the dining area was connected to the rest of the train
and the kitchen was at the rear.  Is this the case?  And would they use a
turntable for turning cars like this (or was there a wye handy at both ends)?
Any comments gratefully received.
Duncan Cameron