[CBQ] Re: Named wooden and heavyweight passenger cars on the Burlington

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Named wooden and heavyweight passenger cars on the Burlington
From: "michaelvictorg" <michaelvictorg@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 00:26:58 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thanks Bob, Bill Glick's roster obviously includes Pullman equipment
as Burlington Bridge, Burlington Light, Burlington House and
Burlington Route, were Pullman owned and operated cars, built in 1926
and assigned to the Chicago/Denver Limited. Pullman renamed
Burlington Bridge, Trimount, in 1937 and in 1945 sold the car to the
Pennsylvania RR; the other 3 cars also ended up renamed and in
service on and later sold to the Pennsy as well.
There is a Burlington owned solarium observation car about which I am
very curious. In the Otto Perry collection, which may be viewed on
line at the Denver Public Library web site, there are two photographs
of a Burlington solarium lounge car, which carries the name Denver on
one side and Cheyenne on the other. Did the same car actually carry
two different names at the same time? What was the number of the car?
I believe it was operated on the Denver-Cheyenne Zephyr Connection in
the mid 1930's.
Thank you,
Michael Grenstedt

-- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Bob Webber <no17@...> wrote:

> Michael, Bill's book would be of immense
> value.   The one with the diagrams has each type listed with
names/numbers.