CZ Color Schemes was: RE: [CBQ] BWL CZ

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CZ Color Schemes was: RE: [CBQ] BWL CZ
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:38:25 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
There were 8 schemes in total:
3 schemes for the coaches (as they were originally designated: Woman
& Children, Stock, Conductor).  The took the tones of nature as
depicted in the terrain they crossed - mountain and desert tones and
pigments, wood tone in the upholstery, orchid grey walls and
ceilings, Indian red accent in the drapes, venetian blinds and
wainscot.  The lounges had brighter green carpets with geometrical
patterns, maroon/vermilion upholstery with ivory piping and the
drapes done in gold & white.  The Obs had rose colored walls and a
diamond or snowflake pattern in the carpet.  In the coaches, domes
and observations, the colors were more subdued - in the diners,
lounges the colors were warmer and more dense - one was meant to keep
interest outside the train, the other inside.

I'll see if I can find the slides and post them.

At 09:24 AM 12/20/2005, you wrote:
>There are a couple of interior photos of the CZ cars (as well as
>interior photos of other Zephyrs) in Zimmermann's book Burlington's
>Zephyrs.  The upper part of the cars, to include the ceiling, appear to
>be a yellow green color, while the carpeting appears to be a blue-green
>color.  The buffet-lounge car photo shows that the lower part of the car
>(below the windows) is also blue-green, although this may just be the
>partition walls that make up the end of the booth.  The photo of the
>lounge-observation car appears to be the same color (yellow-green) the
>entire height of the walls.  I do have to wonder if this is really an
>off-white color that appears to yellow-green due to the lighting in the
>photographs.  I'd be curious what other photos show in comparison.
>
>Scott Myers

Bob Webber

$15 provides a child with safe, clean water. Your gift can make a difference.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vp8GxB/icGMAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM