[CBQ] BWL CZ

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] BWL CZ
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 00:32:41 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I now have 12 of my BWL CZ cars - enough for a full train except for the
vista-dome dorm car and the vista-dome observation, which should be coming by
the end of the month. The models are great, except for the dome windows, which
has been a concern for all dome models.   I am thinking about using clear
styrene and canopy glue to fill in the spaces on each window so that they come
out even with the frames.   Has anyone tried this idea?   I have heard that
canopy glue is used by modelers of plastic aircraft and dries to a clear
finish.   I have some Con-Cor CZ cars and may experiment on them before doing
anything with the BWL cars.

My biggest concern now is the interior colors, which are all green.   The only
source I have on interior colors of the CZ are a couple of videos which show
brief scenes of interiors in a couple of cars.   My biggest concern is the
interior colors for the domes, as these will be most visible.   Does anyone
know of a source for color photos of the car interiors or painting instructions
for them?   BWL's instructions say that the sleepers had rose-tan, petal beige,
Norway blue, shades of gray, and ashes of roses and soft greens.   Does anyone
know how these colors could be mixed from common model paints?

One other question I have at this point is on diaphragms.   Did the CZ cars
ever have full-width diaphragms?   If they did, when were they changed to the
door-width diaphragms?

I asked these questions of BWL, and they referred me to Charlie Vlk and the CBQ
list.   Thanks for any help you can give me on making a museum quality CZ model.
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM