Re: [CBQ] Transfer cars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Transfer cars
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:39:41 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rupert-
I don't think they would have been used in "specials".....
This is all speculation on my part, but I think they were just provided to
the furniture manufactures who loaded them up with goods going to the same
area....
say towns along the same mainline... and the cars were loaded with the town
order in mind.  The car would be spotted on the team track at each town or,
in the case of a small order, simply unloaded like an LCL car in a
wayfreight.
The NP had some very long (60'??) two door boxcars used in LCL service so
this must have been a common concept for the 1880s and 1890s.
Merry Christmas!
Charlie Vlk

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/F9LvrA/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM