[CBQ] Re: Burlington Route Steam video

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Burlington Route Steam video
From: "oc484_6325" <hk6scholl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:39:19 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thanks Don for tbe nice comments.  I just got an order from someone
who read your comments on the board.  It always helps to get a few
extra orders to help pay for all the costs that go into these things.
Vintage material is always expensive to deal with, since you have to
acquire the footage, have it transfered to video professionally, and
of course edit.  Research takes a long time as well.  There were two
principle sources that made up this 70 minute program, Everett Rohrer
of Denver, and Perry Becker of Minneapolis.  Becker also shot some
stuff out west, but his footage was mainly the CB&Q 5632, 3003, and
4960.
  I recently acquired two more films from the Rohrer estate that I
did not know existed before.  In them are some more C&S shots around
Denver, including some nice switching scenes with 2-8-2 807 and 809,
plus an excursion with 900 and 638.  There is also some switching
with 638 in fresh paint, plus some Burlington 2-8-2's in steam(4900
series) Wish I would have had this 8 months ago when I was working on
the project but will find a way to work it into something.  There is
also some nice Great Western Footage, and we have some from Becker as
well, so Great Western/C&S video might be a possibility in the future.
   If any of you have questions about the current video I would be
happy to answer them.  I know a couple of guys on this list were
helpful in providing me dates on some of the trips shown.
Steamingly,
Greg Scholl
http://www.gregschollvideo.com

PS  We released the Burlington, and the Union Pacific Steam Classics
at the same time this fall, and surprisingly the Burlington has sold
as much or maybe a little more than the UP.  I figured it would be
the other way around.

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Don Zinnecker <dzinnecker@j...> wrote:
> Eric and others,    I just received a copy of this new DVD that I
ordered
> directly from Greg Scholl.   As far as I know, none of it has been
> available previously.   Most of it covers the western end of the
system,
> with the Cheyenne to Sterling line featured, and excursion runs on
the
> C&S.   There are also some scenes shot in St. Paul and along the
line to
> and in La Crosse.   A 4960 excursion between Lincoln and Omaha is
also
> included.   Although there is no coverage of the Streator branch,
there
> are great scenes of the 5632 in motion.  Over an hour in length, and
> all-color, I'm glad I purchased this new DVD.  It's a quality
product.

> - Don
>

> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:12:28 -0000 "Eric Mumper"
> <eric.mumper@m...> writes:
> > Group,
> >
> > Just wondering if anyone has seen the video Burlington Route
Steam
> > advertised in this months Trains by Greg Scholl.  Is this the
same
> > footage as the old Reminisce Rails Steam Odysseys?  I am always
on
> > the
> > lookout for pictures/video of the Streator branch and since there
> > were
> > several trips on this branch I was hoping somebody would let me
know

> > about this if they have seen the video.  Thanks.
> >

> > Eric Mumper

> > $15 provides a child with safe, clean water. Your gift can make a
> > difference.
> > http://us.click.yahoo.com/vp8GxB/icGMAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/F9LvrA/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM