Re: [CBQ] Athearn Passenger F3's

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Athearn Passenger F3's
From: <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:51:27 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dale,
I heard the Fs when they first shipped.I wasn't impressed at all. I liked the
handheld remote but not the sound. It sounded like it was emanating from a
Hallmark greeting card. Real tinny and fake, not like a digital recording of
the real 567. My grand-daughters Fisher Price Geotrax F unit had a better
grumble and horn for $15.00. Now there is a starting point for an interresting
kitbash. No expensive DCC, just load it up with 2 AAA batteries and keep the
carpet lint off the tracks. You don't have to clean the rails either.
The Broadway Fs were too hard to hear at Trainfest so I can't make a comment on
those. Too much ambient noise and Lienenkugels drownding out the sound.
Sincerely,
Rob Manley
Midwest Mod-U-Trak

"When building kits is a lost art,
Only lost artists will be building kits !!"