Re: [CBQ] Athearn Passenger F3's

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Athearn Passenger F3's
From: James Becker <jimdandyaussies@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:50:32 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
According to Athearn's web-site they have announced DCC and sound for the
freight F's. I wouldn't be surprised to see the passenger F3's done in the
future with sound. If they are doing freight, why not passenger??

  So far the passenger F3's are only listed as standard analog locomotives.

  Jim

  Jim Becker
  Mokena, IL

Ray Bedard <tczephyr@hotmail.com> wrote:
  I am sure that there are several individuals that have purchased the Athearn
Genesis F3 passenger engines. Would be nice to get comments on these
engines, especially the paint scheme and accuracy of the model. I have the
the freight versions and find them to be excellent, both in paint and
accurac. These are also the smoothest running F units around, better than
many if not all the brass I have seen.

Does anyone know when Athearn will make the F3's with sound, or do we have
to wait for BLI to come out with their units first?

Thanks,
Ray Bedard
San Jose CA

        Business finances   Model railroad train   Car enthusiasts     Railway
 Corvette enthusiast

Help tsunami villages rebuild at GlobalGiving. The real work starts now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/T42rFC/KbOLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM