Re: [CBQ] Q heavy weight cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Q heavy weight cars
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 04:13:31 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
In a message dated 9/26/2005 3:18:43 PM Central Standard Time,
ctsvobodny@yahoo.com writes:
That's the 5 foot rule(10 foot in G gauge), if they
look good, go for it.
So very true! But also with the talk of the HW coaches are we forgetting the
SSS Cars? 10 HW coaches were rebuilt and used in standby service in the Zephyr
trains. I've seen shots of them in the Blackhawk, American Royal Zephyr, and
in the Aksarben.

My hope would be that Walthers, Branchline, Kato, or another model builder
would do these cars in plastic. Oriental Limited ran these cars for the BRHS
many years ago and are now very hard to find. These rebuilt HW's are similar to
other railroad's rebuilt HW coaches. Something to think about!

Loren Johnson

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM