Re: [CBQ] Re: New file uploaded to CBQ

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: New file uploaded to CBQ
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 10:35:06 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
kohlj@bellsouth.net wrote:

> Thanks, Bill and Steve for all the good info...however, I was talking more
> about how to fill the form out!  :)

Jan,

Actually Steve's article in BB 22 does a good job describing what is on
the dispatchers sheet and deciphering what is on the sheet and why.
However in a nutshell, here is what happens on my model railroad currently:

1. The crew has a call time 30 minutes before the train departs. This is
written on the sheet at the bottom portion in the Time Crew called portion.

2. The crew will call the dispatcher on the phone and give the
dispatcher the train info: motors, number of cars, and way car. The
dispatcher will write this on the sheet along with the Engineer's and
Conductor's name.

3. The dispatcher when ready will give the train a clearance. The train
will report it's departure time from the initial terminal. The
dispatcher writes this on the sheet.

4. At open stations, the train crew will report passing the station and
the dispatcher will mark this on the sheet. If the train makes a stop,
the dispatcher will mark the arrival and departure time for the train at
the station.

5. When the train arrives at the receiving terminal, the dispatcher
marks the time. The crew will then report the time they go off duty.

If you look at Steve's article, there are many other things which are
noted and can be noted on the sheet. There are also other variations
from the Creston sheet Steve wrote about that were due to differences in
the operation or local procedure. For example, Ed DeRouin told me that
on the triple track main line on the Chicago & Aurora division, the
dispatchers marked what track the train used on the sheet. And as I
think Steve mentioned before, Ed said that sheet was 6 foot long to
handle all the train run in a 24 hour period.

Bill Hirt

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h90c1g2/M=362131.6882500.7825259.1493532/D=groups/S=1706043004:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123176906/A=2889190/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy) Welcome to the Sweet
Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>