Re: [CBQ] Re: New file uploaded to CBQ

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: New file uploaded to CBQ
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 22:58:54 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
jwestkohl wrote:

> Bill, this is a great took, and I was quite pleased to see it was for
> the K-line!
>
> Quick question.  Could someone do a quick tutorial for us non-rr types
> so we can understand how to do it?  Let's take an example of dropping
> off 2 Burlington LO hoppers at MFA feed in Elsberry, (coming from W.
> Quincy), and picking up an MP XM from the same location.

Jan,

I'll give you an example of how it is done on my model railroad. The
hoppers would be switched by local on the line. The local has the
waybills or car order for the cars to be set at MFA feed. The station
agent has prepared the waybill for the pull at MFA Feed.

So in practice on my model layout, the local crew (I have an engineer
and conductor on the local) pull into town based on permission/orders
from the dispatcher. They call the dispatcher on the phone to let
him/her know of their arrival. They'll check their timetable and orders
for any superior trains and then go to work. The crew will line up the
set outs for MFA Feed and other industries at Elsberry. They'll check
the bill box for pick ups. They'll pull the pick ups and add the card
cards/waybills to their train pack. Once they have set out the hoppers,
they put the car cards/waybills for the hoppers in the set out box.
Since all my Elsberry industries are on the same house track, usually
the conductor will create a switch list to keep track of what cars are
to be pulled, which cars remain in Elsberry (and where they are
spotted), and what cars in the local are to be spotted.

Every crew does it differently just like the prototype as the
active/retried railroaders who operate on my layout like to remind me.

Bill Hirt

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hu046i9/M=362131.6882500.7825259.1493532/D=groups/S=1706043004:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123135135/A=2889190/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy) Welcome to the Sweet
Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>