Re: [CBQ] Question about run-through trains

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Question about run-through trains
From: Russell Strodtz <19main@groundcontrol.us>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 09:59:45 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
David,

Late 1965 or early 1966.  By then the meat business was already
starting it's decline and that was a fair proportion of the Peoria
traffic.

There were also some issues regarding CB&Q's handling of this
traffic.  Morrell in Ottumwa complained that "LC70" would
pick up their Eastbound traffic and that the Congress Park cars
would stay on the train and make connections but the Peoria cars
set out at Galesburg would not.  Think that their threat was that
they would route everything via Peoria and short-haul the CB&Q.
Think the truckers resolved that issue and the plant closed anyway.

Russ