Re: [CBQ] brass HO PFM 4-6-2

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] brass HO PFM 4-6-2
From: "Dale Reeves" <drale99@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:35:02 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have a couple of PFM S-2a's.  They are ok.  I replaced the motors and gear
boxes.  (My grades are tough on brass engines.)  Replacing the motors was
very didfficult beause of tight space.  ( had to do a lot of filing on top
and revamping the mountings on the bottom to get can motors in there.).  I
have had to rebuild most of my other brass engines also.  I like these
little engines.  They look good on a  model RR, which you can't always say
about the big locos that are now so popular.  My M-4 looks rather rediculous
at the head of a ten-car freight.
Dale Reeves