Re: [CBQ] Missouri & Illinois Bridge & Belt

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Missouri & Illinois Bridge & Belt
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:59:43 -0800 (PST)

The bridge and most, if not all, the track of the
M&IB&BRR are gone. But I know one piece that survives.
I have the anvil out of the M&IB&BRR roundhouse. Talk
about a bear to get up on the motor! A trip across
that bridge was something to remember. That thing
shook and shimmied under a loaded unit coal train (and
the speed limit was 5 MPH). The "pucker factor" was
large! There are pictures (many views) on the web, but
I can't tell you the link. Do a google search for
images with "Alton Bridge".

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM