Re: [CBQ] Missouri & Illinois Bridge & Belt

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Missouri & Illinois Bridge & Belt
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:02:29 -0800
 From "The Corporate History of the CB&Q" by WW Baldwin. Written in the
'20's.

    "the railroad bridge across the Mississippi River At Alton, Illinois
used by the CB&Q is owned by the Missouri & Illinois Bridge and Belt RR
company.

    "By the terms of a contact, of date August 1, 1906 between he
Missouri and Illinois Bridge & Belt Railway Co. and the CB&Q RR Co., the
latter commpany was given the right to use the Alton Bridge and the
approaches threto for the term of ten years, By a suplementary
agreement, of date February 1, 1913, the contract of August 1, 1906 was
extended for a term of ten years after August 1, 1996 and is to continur
after its expiration in 1926 until eighter party gines one year;s
wirtten notice to the other of its intention to terminate it.

     "The east, or Illinois, approach is designated as extending to a
connection with the Chicago and Alton RR at Alton. The west approach
begins at a point about 1,300 feet east of the east end of the Wye at
West Alton, Missouri, and extends thence northeasterly to the Alton Bridge.
     "The offices ot the Missouri and Illinois Bridge and Belt RR Co.
are ;ocated at StLouis, Missouri."

Ken Martin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM