Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2344

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2344
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:14:39 -0600
Bob,

Two comments in response to your post. Being a government project,
Purington was probably the "low cost" bidder. Transportation was
probably another bid.

Used brick is new buildings is quite common. My home in a Kansas City
suburb has used brick on the front face and the entire fireplace,
including the chimminy, is made of the same used brick. When I inquired
where the brick came from while the house was under construction, I was
told that it had been part of an old downtown KC building. I don't
recall seeing a reference to the brick manufacturer, but the style does
not look like Purington.

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM