[CBQ] Re: North Coast Limited Dome cars leased to IC?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: North Coast Limited Dome cars leased to IC?
From: "Roy" <roymanning2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:54:55 -0000

In the mid- or late-1960's, the IC purchased several dome coaches
from the Missouri Pacific.  I believe these were the ones that had
the blanked out dome windows.  Since the NP cars were returned at the
end of winter season, I wouldn't think that the IC would have blanked
out the windows on those cars.

I also think the ex-MP cars may have been the group assigned to
protect one of the cars used in each City of Miami consist as well as
those cars used on the Panama Limited.  The NP cars were dome
sleepers.  One of these was assigned to the City of Miami but, I
don't remember if the Panama had a dome sleeper in the winter or
not.

By, the way, the PRR-L&N-ACL South Wind also used a leased NP dome
sleeper for several seasons as well.  These cars always ran in their
NP colors.

Of course, now that I have been a big know-it-all, I'll probably be
proven wrong.  Never fear, it's happened many times before. :-)

Roy

P. S. For some reason, I seem to recall that one of the CB&Q domes
was leased to the IC for City of Miami service for at least one
winter season.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM