Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Employee TT's and Savanna questions

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Employee TT's and Savanna questions
From: "Steven Holding" <s.holding@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:48:31 -0500
Savanna had a 100 Foot standard Q truss turntable and in the 1962 track
chart shows a four stall roundhouse.  The table was good for O-5As and
S-4As.  There was a roundhouse forman there until about 1980.
One day I caught a Daylight job on the C&I desk.  I was on the Dispatchers
Extra Board at the time and we were running ore trains with the little short
iron ore cars.  An empty headed north derailed on the power switch at Galena
Jct.  The roundhouse forman took a bridge derrick up under the lineup(a list
of train locations and estimated times used by MOW personal) and rerailed
the cars.
sjh