Re: [CBQ] Re: Intermountain stock cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Intermountain stock cars
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:24:07 -0500
Douglas Harding wrote:

> website. What is even more surprising is no where does IM's website mention
> the ATSF stockcar which if not already should be in production shortly. Does
> anyone know if the ATSF & CB&Q had similar stock cars?

A little bird told me that the first run of the Intermountain ATSF stock
cars have headed to China and are now being assembled (80,000 parts in a
container). The first run of ATSF stock cars will be sold exclusively by
Train Quest (There is a relationship between them and Intermountain that
I am not clear on. My source did not know if maybe they put up the money
for the tooling or not). Apparently it may be up to a year before the
regular dealer network sees the cars. That is why there is nothing on
their web site. I'll have to ping some of my Intermountain sources and
see if they know anything about the Q stock car. Usually they let me
know in advance on Q cars which makes me wonder how close it really is.

Bill

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM