Re: [CBQ] K-Line question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] K-Line question
From: atsf3460@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 06:16:37 EDT
Good question!  It would seem to make sense that GM&O would use the CB&Q from
Mexico, MO down to St. Louis since CB&Q ran from Mexico to Kansas City, MO.
As far as I know this wasn't the case.  GM&O used their own line from St.
Louis to Roodhouse and then west to get to Mexico, MO.

There is some thought possibly also that at one point the Santa Fe may have
wanted to use these lines to get into St. Louis.  I think I've read or heard
this before and if anybody else knows more about this I'd love to hear it
(contact directly if you feel it's straying too far off topic).

Mike Martin / Peoria Heights, IL

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM