[CBQ] Re: Walthers 3 & 4 Window Waycar Kits

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Walthers 3 & 4 Window Waycar Kits
From: "Douglas Harding" <dharding@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:58:10 -0500
I have posted a photo to the group photo files, showing one of my Walthers
CB&Q waycars. It shows the installation the grabirons and support braces on
the cupola. I drilled holes and used CA, along with sturdy tweezers, a lot
of finesse, and I believe a few words for emphasis. I used Grandt Line
turnbuckles on the braces. Someone mentioned cutting the braces in half to
easy inserting into holes drilled into the body, which is an excellent idea.
The turnbuckles would be the ideal solution for gluing the two ends back
together. You could even shorten the brace a 1/16" and have the prototypical
gap inside the turnbuckle.

Doug Harding
Iowa Central Railroad
www.iowatelecom.net/~dharding/