Re: [CBQ] Auto Rack car

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Auto Rack car
From: "William Ufffam" <ufffam@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:13:08 -0400
While in college after Vietnam I loaded/unloaded Chrysler cars at the Newark
DE plant (my father in law ran the place). Penn Central of course had
clearance issues and at least one car came in burned out as it had hit the
overhead wire. GM plant was a few miles away and they used different tie
down hook style so it was a pain to change everything out when we got GM
racks instead of Chrysler.

Lack of side protection panels meant lots of thrown rock and graffiti
damage--tough neighborhoods enroute to the plant!

Bill Uffelman