Re: [CBQ] INJUN JOE

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] INJUN JOE
From: Bryan Howell <tubaman21@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:53:14 -0700 (PDT)
It is now sitting in pieces at the RELCO facility in
Minooka, Illinois.  It is for sale through Rail
Merchants International.  There is a nice article
about it at their website written by Dave Lotz.  Here
is the link.

<http://www.railmerchants.net/mt-zephyr.htm>

Anyone want to buy it?

Bryan J. Howell
tubaman21@yahoo.com

--- Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com> wrote:
> Myron,
>
> 9903 is the engine unit on the Mark Twain Zephyr,
> the last of the fully
> articulated Zephyrs. It was built in 1935 with cars
> "Becky Thatcher",
> "Huckelberry Finn" and "Tom Sawyer". It was built to
> run From
> Burlington, Ia. to St. Louis running through
> Hannibal, MO. Mark Twain's
> boyhood home. It was sold in 1960 and sat at Mt.
> Pleasant, IA for years,
> then it was sold and moved to Kansas City and sat,
> then it was sold
> again and moved to the Chicago area. I am not
> certain of the current
> status but believe it is for sale - again.
>
> Ken Martin
>
> draglineopr wrote:
> >  Group:
> >  I purchased a slide collection last week and in
> it was a slide of
> > 9903. On the name board it has "INJUN JOE" with
> unit #9903. The
> > slide is labeled CB&Q at Kansas City, MO. It was
> processed in Oct.
> > 1984. There are at least two cars behind the power
> unit. All of the
> > side windows on the power unit are blanked out.
> Does anyone know
> > anything about this unit?
> >  Thanks in advance
> >    Myron Dudenbostel