Re: [CBQ]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ]
From: amtrak347@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 23:41:39 EDT
In a message dated 4/5/04 8:43:59 AM Central Daylight Time, cvlk@comcast.net
writes:
I don't think any wrecks involving passenger
trains have been thus caused

Charlie -

I know of one derailment of a dinky caused by striking a fallen plug door.  I
believe there were two or three more incidents of the same event but
uncertain if equipment derailed.  Smash plates later installed on bridge beams
of
first overpass west of the west Douglas Park "L" overhead bridge on mains 3 & 4
that would trip the signals to "stop" if struck by an open plug door.  Maybe
SJH
wants to add more.

Bob