Re: [CBQ]

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ]
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:40:59 -0500
Not as far as I remember.  I rode my usual dinky home that evening (5:09????
don't recall exactly)  and saw some smoke to the north around Madison
Street.  The Q is generally bordered by industries from the coach yards to
Western Avenue and is on an embankment most of the way to Clyde so is
somewhat protected.  Some people do manage from time to time to get up on
the tracks to open box cars with the hope of finding a load of televisions,
etc.. with the result that, if it is a plug door car, the doors get ripped
off the car as the transfer goes through the close clearance plate girder
bridges in that stretch....I don't think any wrecks involving passenger
trains have been thus caused, but it is a hazard still to this day.
Charlie Vlk