[CBQ] Re: Two Questions

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Two Questions
From: "Ed DeRouin" <Ed@pixelspublishing.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 03:06:13 -0000
Russ, James, and Others:

Russ, you are right about the 9153 assigned as the Aurora depot
switcher in the 1960s. It was also there in the 50s and before. I
undestand that the 9153 was given that assignment upon
receipt in 1941. When it was in for inspection, the 9140 took its
place.

Regards,

Ed DeRouin

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
wrote:
> James,
>
> The Aurora Passenger switcher during most of the 60's
> was CB&Q 9153, a SW1. It became BN 97 and was later
> used as a yard engine at Cicero, Dubuque, North La Crosse,
> and Winona. Sold to Independent Locomotive Service it
> has been at Bottineau Farmer's Elevator at Bottineau ND
> for many years.
>
> Other than having a radio there was nothing "special"
> about that unit. It just happened to be the one that
> was used as the primary switch engine at the depot and
> Hill Yard.
>
> Even in the current day these things happen. The
> roadswitcher at Crete NE has been BN/BNSF 2160 for at
> least the last 5 years.
>
> If the local personnel are satisfied with a unit in
> the role it is assigned to the local management will
> usually go to some effort to keep it.
>
> Russ

around.