[CBQ] Proto2000 Burlington SD-45

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Proto2000 Burlington SD-45
From: "Dale DeWitt" <dcdewi@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 03:30:15 -0000
I recently purchased several of the new HO scale Proto2000 SD-45s
including one painted in the Burlington green transition colors.  It
is a nice model but requires a number of detail changes to make it
more accurate.

Can any one suggest how to correct the trucks from the high mount two
brake cylinder version (3 shoes per side) to the high mount 3
cylinder version with the 6 clasp type shoes and rigging.  I am not
sure if the mainsideframe is the same or if it need to be completely
replaced with something else.  And if so, what?  The sideframes on
the SD-7 & 9s look similar but I don't know if they are the same.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dale DeWitt