Re: [CBQ] RE: Looking for an Answer

To: dave_lotz@charter.net, stncar@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] RE: Looking for an Answer
From: Q5632west@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:27:56 EST
Cc: cbq@yahoogroups.com
In a message dated 2/13/04 2:26:31 PM, stncar@ix.netcom.com writes:

> When did the mixed
> train between Oregon and Mt. Morris become a regular way freight?  My June
> 1963 Official Guide says it's mixed and my April Guide says Mt. Morris is
> freight only.

Greetings:

The employe timetable dated Oct. 27, 1963, states re the Mount Morris Spur:
"Mixed trains will carry passengers."   The next ETT dated April 26, 1964
does not include that statement.

My last ride on the Mount Morris turn was in August 1966, but given the
above, I now wonder if the Oregon agent and wayfreight crew just cut a couple
of
kids a deal on their own.   I presume our fares (50 cents each roundtrip?) were
received by the company, perhaps listed under gum sales.

Bill